To help your cork floor keep its "just installed" look, try these preventive maintenance suggestions:
- Place breathable mats in front of sinks and in doorways
- Note: do not use mats with rubber or other non-porous backings since these could trap moisture and affect the finish
- Put felt pads under furniture legs to prevent scuffs
- When moving furniture; lift it, don't drag it
- Place a drip pan under potted plants to catch water seepage
- Prevent fading from excessive sunlight with window treatments, like curtains, drapes, blinds, or with window tint
When it comes to cleaning, cork flooring requires no special equipment or harsh chemicals. The basic steps are as follows:
- Wipe up spills immediately
- Note: cork is a wood product and therefore will absorb moisture
- To reduce scratches, sweep or vacuum regularly to remove abrasive debris
- To clean a heavier soiled area, use only a cleaner formulated for pre-finished hardwood floors
Check out the website of some of our suppliers and your favorite brands.. Let's get started today - send a request a quote or contact us.
For your convenience, we have provided links to some of our suppliers. Click on their logos below.